Hi friends! Can you believe today is the last day of 2018? It’s been a quick minute since there’s been a new post on XO, Alexis but I decided to take some much-needed time off to spend Christmas unplugged and focused on my family, especially since this was our first Christmas as a family of 3. Speaking of Christmas, how was your Christmas? Did you get everything on your list?
Since today is the last day of 2018, I thought we would take a look back at the best of 2018, both on XO, Alexis and my personal highlights of the year. While I’m gearing up for 2019, I’m really sad to see 2018 go since it was full of so many wonderful memories, like the birth of our son and the launch of XO, Alexis. Without further delay, grab your coffee and let’s get the best of 2018 started!
Best of 2018:
Top 10 Blog Posts //
….and the number 1 most read post of 2018
- Brad and I announced to the world that we were becoming a family of three!
- With the help of Brad’s dad, we replaced our downstairs floor and rearranged the bedrooms to make room for a nursery.
- My mom, my sister, and I surprised my dad by showing up to his final basketball game. He has coached basketball for the past 15 years. It was hard to see him coach his last game but we are so proud of him and all that he has accomplished.
- We “took” Baby Buxton to his first concert, which was our favorite local band. It’s never too early to teach kids good music!
- Brad and I had our first Easter of “3”.
- Baby Buxton’s room had furniture in it, thanks to Brad for refurbishing old pieces that we already had (minus the crib, of course).
- The two of us went shopping and picked out Baby Buxton’s coming home outfit. We had to get both a boy and girl outfit since we were letting the gender be a surprise.
- We celebrated our 1 year anniversary but eating year old cake.
- Brad and I cheered on my cousin. He was a pitcher for the University of Dayton baseball team.
- One of my friends took our maternity pictures. I was debating on if I was going to have them taken but I’m so glad that I did.
- Baby Buxton was showered by all of our loved ones.
- Our nephew had his first communion.
- My parents, sister, Brad and I went to a Columbus Clippers baseball game.
- Brad and I got away for the weekend before Baby B arrived. We attended our friends’ wedding in Avon Lake.
- I had my first strawberry donut at the Troy Strawberry Festival. If you live in Ohio, this is a festival you need to attend!
- We bought extra strawberries and I made homemade strawberry jam, which was delicious.
- My dad ran lots of 5Ks and we all went to support him.
- The hot, hot summer called for pool days.
- I went to my first drive-in movie. Brad’s parents, his sister and her family, and the two of us went and saw Jurassic World. Definitely was the coolest experience and I cannot wait to go back this summer.
- My church family showered Baby Buxton.
- July brought on 2 false labor alarms.
- Our sweet boy arrived exactly 1 week before his due date. He actually arrived 13 minutes after I was supposed to be induced, but you can read all about it in his birth story.
- We had our first outing as a family of three 72 hours after Henry was born. Our town’s biggest festival was going on 2 days after he was born so we decided to take him out for a few hours and meet his aunts, uncles, cousins, great-grandpa, and great-aunt.
- Brad and I spent the month adjusting to life as new parents.
- I binged watched way too much Bravo TV during my 10 weeks off of work.
- Henry had his newborn pictures and his first lunch trip with his mom and grandma.
- We took Henry to the fair for the first time, he slept through the whole thing.
- Brad’s work had their annual family cookout.
- Henry saw his first high school football game.
- The three of us hosted my mom and dad’s families for a big cookout.
- Another quite month spent adjusting to parenthood and spending time with friends and family.
- My work showered Henry. They wanted to wait until Baby B was born so it could be a gender-specific shower and of course, so they could meet our little babe.
- Henry attended his first birthday-his cousin’s.
- Brad and I spent the month teaching Henry all about football and cheering on the Buckeyes.
- We had our first zoo trip as a family.
- Fall was in the air, so we loaded up and went to a local farm to pet the animals and pick pumpkins.
- We had family pictures with Brad’s family.
- Brad went out-of-town, so Henry and I packed up his brothers (aka the dogs) and spent the weekend at my parents with my sister.
- My grandma turned 78 and we celebrated her by having a big family birthday party.
- Henry attended his first Oktoberfest and watched his grandpa run a 10k.
- We had our first Friday Family Fun Night with wings, Hotel Transylvania, and family time.
- Our first wedding as a family of 3.
- I turned 26!
- I ran my first road race after 10 years. My dad, sister, and I ran the Ohio State 4-miler which started outside of Ohio Stadium (aka The Shoe), you run through campus, down the tunnel the players enter the field in (which gives you chills) and finish inside the stadium on the 50-yard line.
- Our little giraffe had his first Trick-or-Treat.
- Family Christmas photos were taken.
- Henry’s first trip to my favorite restaurant, Brewfontaine, which is the #1 Beer Bar in Ohio.
- The house was transformed to Christmas.
- We finally finished Henry’s nursery since he started sleeping in his own room.
- Thanksgiving arrived and Brad and I were so thankful of our family. Last Thanksgiving was the day we found out we were expecting so it was so special to have our baby with us.
- Santa came to town and Henry got to meet him by having breakfast with Santa and his grandparents.
- Henry watched his first OSU vs Michigan game.
- Henry got to meet Santa again.
- We had Brad’s family Christmas and Henry got to hang out with all of his cousins.
- I had my first annual girls Christmas with all of my close girlfriends and our kiddos.
- Brad turned 26!
- Christmas finally arrived and we started celebrating Christmas the Friday before and finishing with 3 Christmases on Christmas Day.
- Tonight we are wrapping up 2018 together, as a family, and I couldn’t be more blessed.
Instagram Best Nine
And just like that, the best year of my life is coming to an end. I’ll always treasure this year as it was a year that led to our family growing but it led to me growing as well.
If you made it this far, thank you for sticking around and reading. The moments above are definitely all of my highlights for 2018 but like everyone, I experienced lows which I’ve shared throughout some of Henry’s monthly updates.
I also want to say thank you.
Thank you for reading XO, Alexis, without you there wouldn’t be an XO, Alexis. The friends I have made through my little home on the internet has meant so much and having this platform has gotten me through some of my tough days. You all mean the absolute world to me. Thank you for coming back daily, weekly, or even monthly to see what’s new and to leave your comments. I’m so excited for what’s to come in 2019 on XO, Alexis. There will be some slight changes but nothing drastic but if you want to stay in the know on what’s going on, see exclusive content and behind-the-scenes, definitely be sure to sign up for my newsletter which will be revamped in 2019. You won’t be spammed with emails but the emails you will receive will be exclusive to only those who are subscribed and will be full of fun content, exclusive giveaways, and discount codes.